The College library is located in a spacious new building of 9000 Sq. ft. The library is open to students and staff members from 7.30 a.m. to 7.30 p.m. on all working days. The library has a rich collection of around 6400 volumes of text books, reference books, national and international journals in all branches of Engineering, Science, Technology, Management and General Studies, and the collection is ever increasing. The books are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. Open access system is followed in the library.
The library has separate periodicals section and subscribes 5943 Journals of which 5713 International and 230 National Journals, 5702 E-Journals. The library receives regularly Journals, News letters from following organizations and societies and provides the staff and students latest information’s in technical education, research and development activities.
- Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI)
- Central Institute of Road Transport (CIRT)
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute
- Centre for Energy, Heat and Mass Transfer for Asia and the Pacific
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- Energy Research and Development Administration (ERDA)
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- Indian Society for Training and Development (ISTD)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
- National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources
- Structural Engineering Research Centre
- Tamil Nadu Electrical Installation Engineers Association
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- The Institution of Engineers (India)
The College library subscribes to following E-Journals: IEEE, Springer- EEE,CSE, Springer- Mechanical Engineering, ASCE – American Society of Civil Engineers, Elsevier (Science Direct)- Engineering +Computer Science, Elsevier (Science Direct)- Biotechnology (Back File), Nature – Biotechnology, Scientific American – Biotechnology, ASTM Standards, McGraw Hill – Access Engineering, J-GATE- Engineering & Technology, J-GATE- Management Sciences, EBSCO – Business Source Elite.
The reference section of the library has rich collection of International editions of reference books, hand books, conference proceedings, encyclopedias and various reference documents.
Back volumes of journals have been neatly bounded and categorized under their respective subjects for reference.
The Digital Library provides online resources for students interested in Computer Assisted Learning.
The Electronic Library section now has a rich collection of more than 300 CD-ROMs.
Audio Visual Section
The Audio Visual Section of the library has facilities to view video programmes. An exclusive satellite receiver is provided to receive educational programmes like GyanDarshan Technology. The section is equipped with facilities to store and disseminate video programmes to faculty members and students.
The college is an institutional member of the IE(I) Library, Anna University Library and British Council Library, Chennai to facilitate the staff and students to borrow books, journals and video programmes that are not available in the institution.
Online Public Access Catalogue
The library is equipped with computerised Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for searching availability of books and CD-ROMs. Barcode system is followed in all transactions.
Photocopying facility is available in the library. Nominal charge is collected for photocopying service.